Hi dearest readers,
Over time, I have written many one-liners and quotes… Some of these are due to experiences, and some, not. But mostly, they are just lines from my mind… Lines that I look back on, when need arises…
Pardon me if some are repeated… They could be copy-paste glitches (courtesy: my notepad) 🙂
Hope you enjoy what you read here…
- Decide what you don’t want… else you will have so many options, that you won’t know what you want.
- Anything done half, can prove fatal.
- If you don’t know what to do, THINK. At least that’s better than doing nothing.
- Knowledge is a mixture of sparks, all collected and made to appear as a ball of fire.
- Laugh till you can laugh no more…
- If you cannot laugh for yourself, do it for the ones who love you.
- Fate is just another 4 letter ‘F’ word. What really counts is the desire within to create a meaning for it.
- I am happy to be sad…’cause after every sorrow, there is a joy.
- If you fear the sadness that comes after the joy, you will never see the joy.
- One and one may give eleven.. But a zero with another zero always gives a Nil.
- Not knowing what to do is a vast knowledge by itself.
- Love is a funny game: just when you think that you are winning, you realize that it is yet to begin.
- A rule is made by man for others to follow, and himself to break.
- There is a treasure at the end of every rainbow. But make sure your rainbow doesn’t end where you find that treasure…
- Love yourself. You can always change your neighbors.
- Look for it. Find it. But most importantly, cherish it.
- A breeze is like a dream you wish you could have. But it is the gusty wind that gets you there.
- Do unto yourself what you would do unto others…and you will know…
- One cannot really be that far apart from another…After all, we see the same moon everyday!
- The problem and solution both lie before you: If you fail to see the problem, its ignorance. But if you fail to see the solution, its natural.
- Humility is worth being proud of.
- Insensitivity is that undesirable effect of your forced self-denial that others have to see.
- Curbing something won’t take you away from it; Instead, just stop feeling the need for it.
- The answers to many of your questions lie in YOU.
- Imagination: That limitless phenomenon second to only the Universe.
- When in darkness, look for a match; if you don’t find one, it’s probably not dark yet.
- If in a moment’s time you cannot think of 1 thing you’ve achieved so far, you had better get on to something!!
- A clown makes you laugh at his expense; a cartoonist, at another’s . It is safer to be a bit of both.
- Hold on to what makes you, but make sure it doesn’t sweep you away with its force.
- Envy is just another hoarding that screams “INSECURITY”.
- Best Oxymoron: Live for something that’s worth dying for.
- Acquiesce to your heart’s plea, for it does not ask for much…
- Your mind can only curb your actions, not your thoughts. So act like there is no tomorrow. If there is, your mind will tell you what to do next.
- If non-success stories were printed as often as success stories, there would be a dearth of entrepreneurs.
- A pioneer is one who takes the risks that others only dream of.
- Some complain about having no time; the truth is, they just don’t care.
- An excuse is an indirect way of saying “I cannot”.
- The most exciting prospects can also end up being the most disastrous.
- There is no feeling comparable to a cool breeze hitting your face on a sunny day…
- If a person matters to you, so do his feelings and perceptions… But if he doesn’t matter to you, it just doesn’t matter!
- I am sad to be happy …’cause after every joy, there is a sorrow.
- Reflect, don’t brood…Correct, don’t reprimand… Pursue, don’t obsess.
- Expectations lead to relationships that may not even be justified.
- It’s funny how we have different names for the same feeling, at different times.
- Don’t put names where they don’t belong…It just makes it messy.
- And then there are days when even with a million people around you, you are all alone.
- An impression only matters when the person you are making it on matters.
- Boredom can gnaw at you, but only when YOU want it to!
- You may never look at yourself the way others do. Even a mirror won’t help.
- When young, it will pass as innocence. When mature, its plain ignorance.
- 13 might be unlucky for some… but 13.5 sure was NOT so for me.
- When we say ‘There just wasn’t any time’, it means its time to reprioritize.
- Originality is usually inspired one way or another.
- And then there are some that, due to lack of creativity, deter others from creating…
- It’s even easier to see thru’ those that think otherwise.
- Regretting is easier than undoing the source of regret.
- The should-be’s and would-be’s matter only if they are not impediments…
- A feature is one when you like it..till then it’s either a nuisance or something you are indifferent about..
- Some dreams are better ungettable… Reality could add complications.
- Irritation is just a vague answer to some open-ended question…
- I dream of a wirefree world…and here I am, living in one…always connected, no matter what!
- Boring routines are when you follow them…when you don’t, its fun!
- Everything has to be just right. A little more can be overwhelming.. a little less leaves you wanting more
- It is good to live in dream worlds once in a while. It makes even reality look dreamlike…
- Imagine what you can’t, and do what you can imagine.
- Things don’t just pop out of nowhere. They are always based out of something or someone.
- I used to look at the moon, thinking that we all looked at the same moon at any given instant…how wrong was I!
- On one hand, there’s a frog in a well, and on the other, there’s a circle of friends. I wonder where I belong.
- They have sunken in, have been absorbed…. its time to ooze out some color!!!
- Smoking only leads to ashes…soooo not worth it.
- Breathe and resuscitate when you can.
- Drenched to my guts, I need some more fluids.
- Mulling over your weaknesses is of no use to you, but overlooking them brings use to others.
- How is it that the best is always in the good ol’ days, and the worst is yet to come?
- It’s no use trying to be LIKE someone…not even yourself. Instead, just BE.
- Walking makes you realize you have legs for a reason…to hurt!
- With flowers all around, it certainly smells S-P-R-I-N-G.
- Neither do you earn love, nor do you just get it….but if you do indeed have it, you are just plain lucky!!
- And the only one that won or lost, was “I”.
- A million thoughts go into making the ONE perfect line…and yet, the one that makes most sense is that which came straight from the heart, in a split second.
- The most real thing ever is ‘Realization’
- The only competition life can have, is with time.
- What you see is, quite plainly, what YOU SEE. It not necessarily IS.
- A smile is only a contortion of the lips, unless it comes from within.
- Only dreams qualify as being real and entirely yours!
- Preaching and influencing doesn’t necessarily imply wisdom… But insecurity, yes.
- We humans can really be very strange… we usually ask for the entire truth, but seldom accept it.
- Just trying to be different, doesn’t really make you different. It just makes you odd.
- The fact remains that where you feel free, you head.
- Just cuz you don’t ask, doesn’t mean you don’t care….you probably don’t want to add to the pre-existing mediocrities.
- If you are in the habit of thinking and know any language at all, then write ! You never know when amnesia will hit you… the last thing you would want is losing your thoughts.
- There’s always a reason… even if it’s nothing.
- Seldom does humanity bring humans closer…it’s usually the countries, religions or cultures.
- The difference between compromise and sacrifice is that the former is an opportunity cost, while the latter, a write-off.
- Sometimes it’s the lack of action that speaks louder than the action itself.
- Change in self is acceptable ONLY when it is self-initiated; and not due to external influences.
- Another Oxymoron: self-help books!
- It’s all within reach…all you need to do is, extend your hand.
- The world accuses you of changing, when in fact, it is the world that has changed. You… you are still the same…
- It really gets ugly when it becomes an obligation.
- Blogging (like water) can work real wonders for you.
- Depending on another is bad enough… But making another depend on you is much worse.
- The poor results (obtained by our friends) on those self-made quizzes on FB show the disparity between what we imagine of ourselves, and how we are perceived …
- Weekends are for either lazing or spending whatever little money one has.
- The farce each of us puts up with is worthy of at least some appreciation!
- The dawn of Friday lights up my face…. and that of Sunday has almost an opposite effect.
- It is a big deal only if you make a big deal out of it!
- More often than not, we indulge in the attitudes and interests of others than our own…
- And just when you realize its there, it slips through your fingers.
- When you set your expectations real low, everything seems good.
- It’s quite interesting how things that held little or no importance once, now mean so much….OR the other way round.
- Going blank, and staying there for a while…now, that too is a talent!
- When in doubt, have some chocolate.
- Musical taste (or lack of it) is one of the criteria for relationships.
- How our devices rule our moods is quite scary!
- I wish all months had 30 days for spending, and 31 for the pending work!
- Sometimes even a little reciprocation goes a long way…
- Ownership is the cause of many a problem.
- When work gets to you, well …too late. Don’t let it.
- Evenings like yesterday’s are kinda hard to come by….
- A moment now is a memory the next.
- Ignore what you have, and keep wanting what you can’t. This seems to be the motto of many a life.
- First we waste, then we whine.
- We would be much happier individuals if we learn to let go…
- One cannot really change anyone. What one sees as change is nothing but a dormant – albeit inherent – feature.
- You have what you want. You probably just don’t know it yet…
- Getting used to anything is usually no good… Gets your expectations either too high or too low, but seldom right.
- It’s a fair game as long as you are the one setting the rules.
- When disappointment strikes, it looms over you like a big black cloud…. And everything feels like a heavy raindrop from that cloud!
- Those 4 and a half minutes of listening to and enjoying a track with and as your loved one, can really mean a lot more than many other things…
- When you wake up to find yourself drenched in tears, be glad that it was just a dream
- What I really need is so very different from what I want…
- First we strive to make our environment fit in, then we strive to fit into the environment we created …
- If you think hard, solution will find its way into your grey cells.
- We keep comparing everything to everything else, and then blame it all on money.
- Bad intuition had better be wrong as well!
- The things we get ourselves into, just so we can get out of something!
- The quiet observed in a noisy place is so much more valuable than the slightest noise in an otherwise quiet place.
- Convenience is the cause of all excuses.
- I wonder what’s better… being jailed and unable to do a thing, or being free and not having to do anything.
- How word placement matters: Doing nothing v/s Nothing to do
- Curb your actions if you must, negate your emotions when the situation demands, but never ever bother to deny your thoughts. The only person you will end up fooling by this, is YOU.
- I think man goes to war so as to be able to appreciate peace better. (sigh…) Sad are some ways of life…
- It sucks when you really have something to say, and there’s not a soul around to hear (let alone listen)!
- There are times when being around acquaintances and strangers is preferable over known persons and friends.
- Does the song you are repeatedly listening to reflect your mood, or is it just some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy ? I wonder…
- The biggest fear is that of not knowing… or is it ?
- The decision may be made in a moment, but the outcome lasts for life!
- For something new to begin, does something HAVE to end?
- I am not your cheerleader, and this is not a sport!
- Sometimes people with their hollow, meaningless and not-intended-to-sting-you words, can end up real scorpion-like!
- The only persons whose feminine side I like, are MEN!
- The silence that stares at you when one track ends and the next begins, can really be louder than the tracks themselves!
- 2 days without stepping out – no thanks to a leaky nose, an itchy throat, a voice that even I don’t wanna hear (let alone others), a pressure affected set of eardrums….phew!!!! A lot of this cold luck seems to have been bestowed upon me!! Farmville lets me share stuff, then how come Lifeville doesn’t?! Ohhhh… for…get it… I will keep it all to myself!
- I just chomped on half a bag of chips to drown the voices in my head that kept telling me to cut down on junk food.
- Who knew that things one didn’t really like, could also inspire!
- I guess creativity missed the road to my home this year… GPS needed urgently!
- It’s either real or it’s just not there!
- Don’t mix your problems, for you may end up with mixed solutions…
- Sometimes you (need to) take up certain tasks/events so that you can conveniently “miss” certain others.
- Stolen moments, unattached words, pleasant memories, unforced smiles – all wrapped in a beautiful weather… elements of a potentially good story.
- Life is a subjective multiple choice questionnaire… Hmm… Doesn’t make sense?? Precisely my point!!
- If the timing ain’t right, pretty much nothing is!
- I am still hoping it’s a bad dream. All I have to do is wake up!
- Forever is a really really long time.
- Life sure goes on, but it’s not really the same… There’s usually something gained or lost from it in the process…
- If: small word, big difference…
- It’s been a while since we joked and laughed together…but when we did, it still seemed so easy and natural, yet again…as ever!
- Out of sight, etched in mind.
- I am a tree – uprooted, lifted and placed someplace else…
- Don’t dwell in the past, but don’t kill it either. Especially, if it’s beautiful.
- Anything beautiful mustn’t be killed – not even one’s past.
- There is always a first, even in the second and the third… that’s what makes it special.
- Nobody’s really a stranger for long. The world’s getting to be that small a place.
- Please don’t be the gal/guy that broke someone’s heart just because you decided it was best for the both of you. That’s the lamest reason ever!
- Have I really seen so much that everything I see reminds me of something?!
- You know it’s hazy and that there’s a possibility of light showers when you cannot see the top of the Empire State… you don’t need a weather person for that!!!
- Does age make one mushier?!?!
- Some things are just not meant to end abruptly… Well, I would’ve liked to say ‘not end at all’… but then… that’s just me.
- Blue is too beautiful a color to be associated with Mondays… And although grey is all classy, somehow “Monday greys” feels more appropriate.
- Everything you do does indeed have a reason – even if it is as simple as “Cuz I felt like it”.
- One with solid ground beneath dances more freely than one without.
- I identify another maverick when they pick me!
- Sadly, no man-made abstract (e.g. religion) has ever really been benevolent to the human race.
- The size of your house has nothing to do with the amount of cleaning to be done!
- When I loved him, he cared not for me. Now, when he loves me, I have no love left for him.
- I always had these words woven in these sentences deep within me… It’s only when I’d read them that I realized that I had these in me. They are just another side of me…
- Every word has its own meaning. But when sewn together, they make beautiful sentences.
- Pen down whatever you feel like. Capture those moments whenever you get a chance.
- Now is the right time to do what you feel like. Tomorrow has no guarantee.
- It’s better to do it first and then say sorry, than seek permission to do it.
- If words once spoken and deeds once done could be eaten back, most of us would show signs of obesity.
- Try not what others have tried, for you’ll only get what others have got.
- Love: A feeling of loss. You lose yourself in the smile of the other.
- I am caught up – between my heart and my senses.
- Apology is one of those things one mustn’t waste over others. It should be spent with prudence.
- Be prudent. Don’t waste yourself.
- When I showed him warmth, he asked me to cool down. And when I did, he said I was cold.
- Be glad to have a friend like you.
- They say this world is a very small place. Then why is it that love once lost, is hardly ever found again?
- Everybody is unique. So each one is just the same as the other, thanks to the uniqueness.
- Opened my eyes this morning to see the Empire State and Chrysler right through my window… I think those blinds that open up to showcase the Manhattan skyline shall never close.
- Sometimes you just gotta “love” the things you hate.
- The happiest are those that do what and when they want to do!
- The more you run from it or push it away, the more it will follow you… so the simpler alternative is to just accept it and let it be.
- Sometimes we have the simplest explanation staring us in the face, while we are groping around for the unfathomable non-existent ones.
- As long as smiles are created, everything’s fine.
- Something’s on my mind for sure. But I can’t put my finger on it, cuz my mind’s too far away!
- I like a balanced diet. I balance mine with the health food lovers of the world, by thriving on cheese, chocolate and ice cream!
- Time sure heals everything… it puts a Band-Aid on “stuff”, and then when you try to pull it off later, tears just roll off.
- Some say those early hours of the day are the most refreshing and productive. Well, that’s true for me. I experience it every morning before I go to bed.
- I fear dishonesty. But more so, I fear the people that practise it with fervor.
- I never thought a shampoo could be any different from the other, until I picked the wrong one.
- Positivity usually spurs from an undignified amount of negativity anyway!
- Horizon is just a matter of where one stands.
- Sometimes, yawning only takes you further away from sleep.
- It gets ugly when it becomes an obligation.
- Over consumption of home made fruit salad with custard and ice cream can lead to instant drowsiness.
- A spotless mind is not necessarily a thoughtless mind.
- The only thing that succeeds in waking me up well before time is a bad dream! Alarm clocks don’t bother me.. but these, I hate.. for reasons more than one!
- The best place to try out a new brand of milk, is on oatmeal! Nothing can go wrong there.
- It’s too complex to stay simple.
- When the tough get going, the going gets easy!
- I was tired. So I ended up gobbling down an entire pack of sugar-drizzled chocolate-cream-filled cookies. Apparently, my mouth wasn’t too tired. I think it leads a parallel life of its own.
- Sometimes, people are so keen on reading between the lines that they fail to see what’s most obvious.
- Better to laugh now than be laughed at later.
- What we can make out of what we have, goes to show what we are made of..
- As long as there’s some good coming out of it, it’s all good…
- It’s really sad to watch dumb people acting smart in front of smart people acting dumb! It’s like witnessing a murder.
- If blankness were a blanket, then I’m feeling a little too warm wrapped in it!
- General observation: Greatness invites trouble and wagging tongues… lots of them!
- Ask, and I shall tell… But till then, I’ll just play dumb…
- If ennui were a ferocious lion, it’s roaring me in the face right now.
- Life is a constant transition.
- When people begin to speak English in the way it’s usually written, it sounds terribly funny (and phony).
- Whoever coined the phrase “do the right thing” MUST have been a lawyer or something… cuz it’s vague as hell!!
- I guess love is like a seesaw.. it can be enjoyed in the full presence of TWO.. else it is just a meaningless little wooden board.
- The lull of the night holds a charm that stimulates my dormant creative nerve.. and I start to write.
- Being resolute is one thing… but asinine, quite another!!
- It’s quite meaningless to harbor too much hate for too long… cuz in the end, you’ll be the only one to remember what it was all for.
- Vulnerable is when your eyes are shut, and you are in the shower. Anything else, is a choice.
- I held a lit LED tube near my eye to take a picture of it, and now my eye is hurting… Not cuz of the excess light, but cuz of all the squinting to hit the ‘click’ button!!
- Words, I implore you to come to me!!
- Being resolute is one thing… but asinine, quite another!! Incidentally, many aim at being the former, but end up being the latter!
- What’s to be done, is done! And what shouldn’t be done, also is! Like Shopping.
- It feels really strange to be in the eye of a storm… what an eerie calm.
- Life is nothing but a rolling turn of events…waiting to happen, and happen again.
- I can be very patient (even if it’s against my nature).
Hey, I love these quotes and one liners
Woowwwiiiieee!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, Michael!!! First of all, there are not many people that visits this Quotes page… so, on the odd occasion when people do indeed comment on it, I feel soooo happy!!
These lines are my observations and reflections, especially when I didn’t quite have more to go on with, for a poem! 🙂
Once again, I sincerely appreciate your reading these and writing a good word about them… thanks a BUNCH!!!
Eeee…thankooo, L!!! Gee… these lines are like summary points of my imagination and experiences 🙂
SO GLAD you liked these… heheheh…Yaaayyy!!!
kavitha really ur work proves dat’s d PERFECT name than anything…
really I jst luv ur 1liners
Yaaaaaaaahhhooooo!! Thank you soooo much, my friend…. it’s really very sweet of you to say that!
Just wanted to admit that I am at a loss for words after reading these one liners… super!
Aww…. thanks, Ponz… you flatter me.. really!! *whew*
Please see my page
I never know this page was there…
Gee… I sure will..
Thaks a bunch for stopping by mine…
Awesome collection of One liners Kavz! Just when i thot ur “Kavitasss” -kick ass!!
Hey…thanks, Lavz!!!! That was some totally LAV-ish praise :-d
Love ya, gal !
wow, these lines are fabulous and motivating. I could sense my smile after every line I read, what a way to start the morning.:)
Glad some of these lines got you to smile…
Have a great day ahead!
Jamie Dedes said:
Kavita, this is wonderful and clever and what a labor of love to collect them and post here. Well done.
Ohhhh…thank you so much, Jamie… Yes, these are some lines I’ve written over a few years now… Thank god for blogs! 🙂
Doreen Fernandes said:
Lovely one-liners Kavi !! Unique & superb…. love them
Ohhhh…thank you so much, Doreen!! So sweet of you! And your comment here reminds me.. I have so many more written and saved somewhere..need to update this page soon! 🙂