First, I have to admit that Pink is not really on the top of my list of favorite colors :(. Yea, and I have had my share of teasing from friends for this little fact. “You are a girl, and you DON’T like pink???”, “You are a real weirdo!”, “Hold on! I will gift you a pink phone on your next birthday! And then let’s see what happens!” and the likes. Now I’ve never really said I DON’T like pink… have I ? Okay, maybe I have. Don’t eat me up for saying that!! It’s simply not my favorite color. I am more of a brown/blue/maroon/black/navy/grey person myself. But yesterday, when I received this lovely pink award from Lisa and HeartSpell, I totally went pink!!! How could I (or anyone else) say NO to it?? It was the cutest thing ever! Besides, when I read Lisa’s cool reasons and examples for why and how one should use pink more often, I was all ga-ga over it! So now, pink is slowly climbing up on my list-ladder, only thanks to Lisa! She says “Give pink a chance”. And now, I say, “Okay… why not!” 🙂
And then, Fiveloaf, Mel, Joyce, Deadpoet88, DiamondsAndDogs, Weasel, HeartSpell, Kelley, Jamie, Riika, Alexis and Hoiden too decided to give it me … that was the sweetest gesture ever! I am so grateful to each and every one of you!! Truly Honored!!! And doubly, triply, quadruply (I am not sure what after that), infinitely excited! 🙂
I can go on and on here…but before I forget, let me show you the pretty award! Thank you Lisa, Hoiden, Joyce, HeartSpell, Mel, Jamie, Fiveloaf, DeadPoet88, Riika, Weasel, Alexis, Kelley and DiamondsAndDogs !!! Yaaayyyy… 🙂
Pretty.. isn’t it?! I knew you would say yes!
Now now… there are some pink rules that come with the award.. but trust me, they aren’t too tough to follow at all! Here they are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. (umm… did that already… but ….. THANKS LISA!!! THANKS HEARTSPELL!!! THANKS HOIDEN!! THANKS FIVELOAF!! THANKS DIAMONDSANDDOGS!! THANKS JAMIE!!! THANKS DEADPOET88!! THANKS KELLEY!! THANKS MEL!!! THANKS ALEXIS!! THANKS RIIKA!! THANKS WEASEL!!! THANKS JOYCE!!! 😀
2. Share 7 things about yourself. (Hey!! Haven’t you read my Mad Moments post? If not, here it is! That makes it 5 things about me. For the other 2: Well, I am a math lover (duhhh!!!) and a geek of sorts (you know, crosswords, sudoku…bla bla). And lastly, I am LAZY !!! Terribly lazy!! Ask my parents and husband, and they will all happily vouch for it! Hmmm, enough said about me.. Don’t you dare yawn!!! )
3. Pass the award along to 9* bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (*Ok… Lisa passed it on to 6, but 9’s a magical number AND it’s less than 10 – which kinda seems a lot! :))
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
This said, here are the super bloggers that I’d like to nominate for this pretty pink award:
1. Hoiden – Stories, poems, haikus, yummy stuff, she has it all!!!!!
2. Amanda – For being so consistently sweet, bright and supportive! Check out her recipes… Scrumptious!!! She absolutely ROCKS! xoxoxo
3. Amrita – My most recently discovered cool haiku specialist! 🙂
4. Keshav – He is the newest and craziest addition to my blogger friends.. He LOVES falling (jumping) off cliffs… 😉 And writes some fantastic stuff! Although this award is all pink and soooo not-guylike, I still wanna pass it to him…
5. Heartspell – Phhheewwww….what poetry!!! You can feel the brilliance radiating from her works!!
6. Jessica – Have you read her stories? OH.MY.GOD!! I think she is Goddess of short stories… You’ve got to read her latest Elizabeth series… Woohoo!!
7. Deadpoet88 – When it comes to spine-chilling dark poetry, she is your MAN!! 🙂 Her Shadows is like CRAZY GOOD!!!
8. Emmanuel – He truly is the LORD of good poetry!!! I soooooo look up to him! Lord (wink), please accept this girlie pink award from me.. 🙂
9. Jingle – She is my rockstar! She is my heroine! She is totally awe-inspiring! Need I say any more?! 😉
Now, I could show you my “true” math skills by going beyond 9… but I will spare you this time! 🙂
So, ladies and gentlemen up here, I hope you enjoy this award… Keep writing, rhyming, versing and ROCKING as ever!!! 🙂
And everyone reading this, thank you for your (much envied and appreciated) patience, and please do check out these awesome writers!!
Love y’all! (many hugs)